Monday, April 15, 2013

Exciting News

I am so excited!  I hadn't posted anything at first, because it didn't feel real.  I kept waiting for them to say - "oh, whoops, never mind!"  So, what is my news, you ask?  I have become a CT member for one designer and a guest CT for an entire site for May & June!  What does that mean?
In the digital scrapbooking world, designers create digital papers, elements, templates and more for their customers to make beautiful scrapbook pages (which would later be printed and added to their albums).  These designers then need people to create layouts with their product for the designers to use for advertising purposes (sometimes, it is easier to see if you like a kit, when you can see what someone else has done with it.)  These people are part of a Creative Team or CT, to assist the designer.
Well, Mel from M&M Designs is a template designer over at Stuff to Scrap.  She decided that she wanted to start offering her templates in the .page and .sbpage format so that those of us who us who use another scrapbooking program like Creative Memories Storybook Creator will be able to use her templates.  To do that, she needed someone to convert them for her.  She chose myself and another team member.  Since she is opening a new store May 1st and changing the look of her "packaging", it has been a SUPER busy month for Shawna and I to convert everything in time.  I can't wait to share some of the templates that she is releasing next month!
During the beginning of March, I participated in the OScraps 7th Birthday Celebration.  They had a ton of challenges, one of which was to do 7 challenges (1 each day) and the winners of which would win a guest team member site.  I won the 2nd place prize!  I have never won anything so large.  I will get free products for those 2 months to create LOs with and post them.
Both of these things just show that if you put it out there and try, it could have happen to you, too!
So, May will by busy for me!  I will be posting my LOs for sure!
Until then, put yourself out there - you never know!
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator