Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fall (ing) in Love

Can I just say how much I love fall.  I love all the things about.

  • The weather cools off (but isn't cold).
  • The leaves are all just gorgeous and makes me want to grab my camera and head outside.
  • Pumpkin EVERYTHING!  Yes, I see recipes and mixes, and cakes, and coffees, and creamers, and cupcakes, and breads, and donuts, and, and, and, and - I just can't get enough Pumpkin!  (see below for my new fav recipe)
  • I love to visit Pumpkin Patches!  All the hay rides, farm animals, and picking pumpkins!
  • Giant Pumpkin Festival - our area hosts a great festival celebrating this fun time, with awards for largest pumpkin (this year the prize went to a 1874.5 lb monster of a pumpkin.  Plus, they even have a pumpkin regatta, fun booths, events and more.
  • Halloween - I just love to dress up and my kids are no different.  
  • Halloween & Fall Shows - My DVR is going crazy trying to record all the fun shows.  One of mine and my kids favs is Halloween Wars, where they have to create a scene with pumpkin, cake and sugar art.  It is amazing what they create.
So, fun!  

Here is my recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes 
via Cake Central

INGREDIENTS:
1 box spice cake mix 
1 cup all-purpose flour 
1 cup granulated sugar 
1 tsp salt 
3 eggs 
1 cup water 
1 cup sour cream 
1 cup canned pumpkin 
2 tsp vanilla extract 

DIRECTIONS: 
Whisk together dry ingredients, then add wet and beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes. Makes about 36 cupcakes. 

**Decorator's Cream Cheese Frosting
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup of shortening 
1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter @ room temp 
1 8oz bar cream cheese @ room temp
1 tbsp clear vanilla extract
2 lbs sifted powder sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon 

DIRECTIONS: 
Cream together shortening, butter, and cream cheese until nice and smooth. Add vanilla into mixture and combine. Sift together sugar, salt and cinnamon, and slowly add to shortening, butter & cheese mixture. Make sure that all sugar is incorporated. Enjoy!
*If too stiff of a consistency use less sugar but all the salt or gradually add milk to make the perfect consistency!

What do you love about Fall?  Do you have any great recipes to share?  Let me know.
Have fun and enjoy all the fall greatness!
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and suggestions. Your message will post after approval from moderator